Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

If 15 months ago I hired a local woman to do some work on a quilt with a verbal agreement which she breached, how do I get my property back?

Question Details: After attempting to contact her for most of a year, I gave her a completion date of just over 3 months ago. She agreed. However, the quilt was not completed. I made multiple attempts to contact her and was finally able to about 2 weeks ago. I clearly stated that she was to return my property immediately (that day) to my place of work. She responded "OK" and hung up the phone but the quilt was not delivered. I have made many attempts via phone and voice mail which she will not respond to, in person at her residential address and via certified mail. I have not been able to make contact. Is my next step small claims court? Is there another avenue I should try first?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.