Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776


Question Details:

I live and was served in NY. I never went to TX where the judgment is from but I tried to fight it. It was a case whereby someone had distributed money and they deemed it ill-gotten. I tried to settle with the county clerk and with the law firm (but firm won't reply). I did this from day one after receiving the judgement. Even offering alot didn't make them return a call. I understand the case is old and now its 7 years. I believe the statue in TX to start enforcement of judgement is 4 years. I might be wrong. What is my risk?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.