Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

If a person was hurt in an auto accident while intoxicated and was forced to stay the night in jail, is it legal to not give them medical treatment? 

Question Details:

A 19 year-old was in an auto accident while intoxicated. The car was totalled. I want to know if I have a case against the police? My son was not seen by a doctor and was forced to spend the night in jail. I was told that by right I could have paid $200and taken him out that night. But they didn't let me. Should I speak with a personal injury attorney? In Providence, RI.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.