Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

If I was served a notice a motion for partial summary judgement, how should I proceed?

Question Details: I was served this notice regarding a debt assigned to a collection agency from their attorney. The amount being sued for is $644 for a unpaid medical bill. This notice also contains a hearing date for the 23rd. I was wondering how I should defend myself at this hearing. The motion contained a affidavid from the original creditor stating the amount being owed. However no actual breakdown of charges owed just $644. Could I use that as a defense perhaps? What about HIPPA laws as the collection agency is limited to what they have access too.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.