Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

What can a do about a 5 year old bill?

Question Details: I was seen in an ER for a seizure related episode and was put on a medication which I had a severe allergic reaction to while there. The doctor stated I had an allergic reaction and put me on Benadryl right away. When I was discharged I was given medication and took it as prescribed. Unfortunately, the medication the doctor prescribed turned out to be the generic pill form of the medication I had just had an allergic reaction to. I had to return to the ER with breathing difficulties the next day because of this error. I explained my situation several times on the phone and finally was told the bill would be taken care of. I just now received a bill 5 years later. Can they charge me for this after all this time when they were at fault?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.