Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

If I was discharged under a Chapter 7 bankruptcy over a year ago and a company is posting on-line that I still owe them, how can I get that removed?

Question Details:

I filed and turned over assets from my company to settle a debt I owed to this company. They have an entire page on their website listing my name, defunct company's name and address and stating that I owe them over $16,000. Can I get an order to get that removed since I was discharged in bankruptcy?

Mark J. Markus / Mark J. Markus, Law Offices Of Answered 9 years ago | Contributor
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.