Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

What to do if I tried to obtain a driver's license only to find that my license from another state had been canceled 23 years ago for a DUI?

Question Details: I was in the process of moving and I didn't require a license until now because I lived close to work or worked from home for those 23 years. The state in which the offense occurred is requiring I pay $630 fine, get alcohol assessment done by hospital, attend 3 months of AA meetings and get 5 letters from friends stating that I don't drink. I had a partying problem back then, not a drinking problem. which I have long since out-grown.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.