If I married a US citizen but he is older than I am, will this affect on the decision for a status adjustment?

Question Details: I just got married 10 days ago and my husband wants to petition for me. He is 12 years older than I am but still I love him so much. And the other thing is we can't live together right now, since our faith does not allowed it until we get married in church. Will this affect too? And even though we just got married, should he apply now or he should wait?

Chris Miao / The Law Office Of Lee & Miao, PLLC Answered 7 years ago | Contributor
Harun Kazmi / Kazmi And Sakata Attorneys At Law Answered 7 years ago | Contributor
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.