Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

What can I do about a breach of a verbal agreement?

Question Details: I manage one area of a company that has been very profitable. The managers of the other areas in the company lost a lot of money. The owner legally split the company into 2 companies. The one I manage is the new one that is under a different name. I bought into the company that I manage with only a verbal agreement. The owner immediatley took my investment and used it to pay on the other company's debt. It was agreed that money was to be used to make the one I manage a stand-alone company. Then the owner started selling off the assets of the new company to "save" the other one and never gave me distribution. Is there anything I can do?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.