Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

What do I do if I'm being sued for a personal injury regarding a car accident from over a year ago?

Question Details: A girl's mother is blaming a car accident we were in in which her daughter was not wearing her seatbelt for her daughter's recent headaches. She is a very active cheerleader who has never complained, until now. They are sueing for $200,000. I can' t get a public defender. How do I protect myself?

Anthony Van Johnson / VANJOHNSON LAW FIRM, L.L.C. Answered 8 years ago | Contributor
Catherine Blackburn / Blackburn Law Firm Answered 8 years ago | Contributor
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.