Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

If I have primary residential custody of my grandson and his father has been long absent and may be drug impaired, do I have to allow him to a visit?

Question Details: His mom has secondary custody. She cannot spend unsupervised time with him (by court order). His dad has been absent for well over a year. He was homeless, in a psych unit for suicidal ideation, and overdosed on heroin. Suddenly dad is calling us saying he wants to see his son. He has no legal custody rights per court order. I'm afraid he's still impaired. My grandson is only 6 and says he doesn't want to see him.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.