Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

How can I make sure that my Will is honored regarding my custody wishes?

Question Details: I have one child, whom I have full legal custody of. My child's father is deceased. The death occured when the child was an infant. I have since married and have been with my husband since the child was a toddler. My husband and I have discussed my husband adopting my child. If the adoption does not happen, I want to be 100% guaranteed my Will will be honored if I should pass away. My Will clearly states who I want to raise my child if I should pass. My fear is that my Will will not be honored and judge will send my child out of state with paternal grandparents, instead of honoring my wishes (the GP have time).

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.