Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

What are my rights if I have full time care, custody and control of minor child and want to relocate to another state?

Question Details: Mother is granted state standard visitation schedule. I wish to relocate to another state. I have sent letter of relocation to her, she does not intend to file an objection, but demands she keeps her visitation the same. However she has never followed the schedule exact. She has no driver's license and lives in a different place constantly. She receives SSI payments so does not have to pay child support or cover any expenses for child healthcare or any. I have been nice enough to provide all transportation requiring her to least pay gas charges to do so. However, my vehicle is run-down and I borrow my moms to do so. I have strained myself to my limits trying to help her.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.