Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
How Can We Help You?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

What to do if I'vve been receiving calls from a PI who wants to serve me with a judgment issued against me but they want me to provide them with personal identifying information?

Question Details: However, they won't provide me with who is filing these charges against me.They Ste also using my maiden name that changed when I married almost 5 years ago. Am I legally obligated to accept the documents if they're not addressed to my legal name now?

Gregory Abbott / Consumer Law Northwest Answered 7 years ago | Contributor
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.