What to do if I have an outstanding warrant for my arrest in a neighboring state?

Question Details: It is for DWI and dates back 13 years. I was, for years, under the impression that the charge had been dropped. Being that at the time I was charged I was not pulled over but instead I was turned in by a neighbor and arrested after being at a friends house drinking for over an hour. I have lived here in Minnesota and have had zero run ins with the law since moving to this state. I am married and my wife and I are expecting our first child. Is this something I could be extradited for? I am afraid to tell my wife because I do not know how she will react. All I want to do is get it taken care of but I do not want to plead guilty to DWI. Do you have any advice you can give me?

Tricia Dwyer / Tricia Dwyer Esq & Associates PLLC Answered 6 years ago | Contributor
Matthew Majeski / Majeski Law, LLC Answered 6 years ago | Contributor
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.