How do I correct in inaccurate birthdate on my driver's license?

Question Details:

I have an incorrect birth date on my driver's license that I want to get fixed. Has been incorrect for over 20 years. I need to get the information corrected for my employment but I am afraid of fines if I take the correct information to the DMV. Is this a case for legal action by the state or will they just correct my license?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.