Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

What to do about a share living situation between adult siblings if only 1 of them is on the deed?

Question Details:

A mother and an adult daughter bought and moved into a house together (both of their names are on the deed). Soon after, the mother let her son (the daughter's brother) move in. There was no written lease, and he paid no rent. Several years later, the mother developed Alzheimer's disease. Her name remained on the deed but she was moved to the house of a second daughter, who was given power of attorney over her. The first daughter and the son don't always get along. Is there anything she can do?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.