If I have a large sum of money coming to me from a car accident settlement that I was in as a child, how do I go about getting it sooner rather than later?

Question Details:

When I was 4 years ol I was in a severe car accident. At the time my parents chose the age of 21 for me to receive my money from the insurance. This has never been a problem with me. However I am 18 years old now, and recently found out I am going to have a baby. I am not 100% financially stable and want the best for my child. Is there anything that I can do to receive my money earlier?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.