What to do if I applied and received a loan for $10,000 from my bank and in turn oan the money to a friend who has stopped paying it back?

Question Details: He was paying the monthly installments for about half of the loan, then he stopped. My bank took all of the money I had in my account to pay on the loan which was about $1,200. I paid the remainder of the loan ($3200.94) to keep my good credit rating and now I want to sue him for my money back. I made this loan and agreement to him in another state, but I've moved since then. Can I file to sue him in the state I'm currently living in or do I have to file in where the transaction took place, and do I need an attorney? He lives in one state but he works in another. I do have a signed promissory note.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.