If I'm under a J2 visa that expires in 8 months and am pregnant, is there any chance for us to extend our visa for 1-2 months to give a safe birth in the US?

Question Details: I am dependent on my husband. My doctor advised me to fly back to country in 2nd trimester of my pregnancy or stay in the US and give a birth. We prefer to give a birth in the US if there is any chance for us to extend our visa legally.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.