Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

What to do if my ex-husband who lives out of the counrty now wants copies of our daughter's birth records, etc?

Question Details: I am recently divorced from a Brazilian living in Brazil; I am a US citizen and live in the US with my 5 year old daughter, of whom I have custody (she is also a US citizen). My ex-husband would like copies or originals of her birth certificate and our marriage certificate. hould I be concerned of his intentions or is this normal for him to want and need to have? I'm concerned that he's trying to take my daughter away.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.