Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

What to do if I'm on my OPT and my employer sponsored me for green card but I noticed that in my current passport my first name and last name are in the wrong sequence?

Question Details: My first name appears as the last name and my last name appears as the first name. My birth certificate has the correct first and last name sequence but the passport shows the wrong sequence. So to avoid any problems in my green card my attorney asked me to change my all the US documents as per to my birth certificate. but when i contact local US Embassy to change my name on my visa they asked me to come in person and submit new visa application which is impossible in my situation. Can you please advise me on this whether do I really need to change all my US documents?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.