Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

What to do if I am here in the US working on L1B and my wife is on L2, working on an EAD based on her L2 status?

Question Details: My wife's employer filed her H1B this year, which was approved about 2 months ago. I am moving to a different company, who filed an H1B(non-cap using my old unused H1B Cap number), which got approved couple of days back. Since my wife would be out of status, when I move to H1B, this new company of mine had filed her H4 which also got approved. Our understanding is that since she has moved to H4 now, she cannot work since she is no more on L2 EAD. Hence asked her employer for resignation, who in turn consulted his attorney and came back saying she can work on her EAD till Oct and then on her H1B. Is this correct?

Harun Kazmi / Kazmi And Sakata Attorneys At Law Answered 7 years ago | Contributor
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.