Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
How Can We Help You?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

What to do if I'm an international student and was summoned to court inanother state for a state highway-traffic violation and unlicensed operation"?

Question Details: Basically what happened is that I got into accident on the highway (it was my fault), but the only significant damage was done to my car. I am pretty sure I was not operating my car illegally, and, I guess, by "violation off highway traffic” they mean that the accident was my fault. The thing is though that I am summoned to the court at the end of the August, by which time I would be back to my home country with a degree in my hand. So what should I do in this situation, when I will not be in US at the date of my court?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.