If I'm a British citizen recently married to an American citizen and am studying at a 4 year college with 3 years to go, is it possible for me to apply for a green card while studying or do I have to wait until I graduate?

Question Details: I have 3 years to go (1 more of junior college and 2 more at a 4 year school) until I get my degree. Is it possible to extend an F-1 visa from the US or do I have to return home and go through the whole process again?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.