Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

I am 1 yr into a ch 13 payment plan and cannot make the payments even after modification. Do I qualifiy for an early discharge?

Question Details: All my debts under this plan are unsecured. My original plan did not take into consideration my high monthy cost of health care (i have an ongoing chronic condition) and was modified to reduce the payment. I have since lost my job and am foregoing medical treatment to accommodate my ch 13 payments. This action will inevitably lead to more debt as lack of treatment leads to long term inpatient treatment which is how I got into this mess in the first place. My trustee says the payment is as low as the law allows. What options to I have? I cannot borrow $ for payments for 4 more yrs from fam

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.