How to get a felony removed from your record?

Question Details: I was convicted of a felony. At my first hearing I was offered a deferred sentence and my court appointed attorney did not tell me what that meant and I was very stupid and scared. I was ordered to pay restitution and I set up a wage garnishment but once the court fees were paid it stopped. They never carried it over to my restitution and I never paid attention to it. When I went back to court the judge was very angry and said that he was not accepting my ignorance and was not accepting the deferred sentence, so I now have a felony. I completed the probation and have paid all of the restitution back. I want to know if it is possible to get the felony removed or something? I have now received my paralegal degree and am having a very hard time finding work because of my record.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.