Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

How do I proceed to get money back from my husband's friend who borrowed from us 7 years ago?

Question Details:

I do have his signed statement that if he doesn't (which he didn't) give us money back by a certain date he will pay us later with an interest. What kind of a lawyer should I be looking for? What are the chances we will get our money back? How long could it take? PS: My husband lend him $8,000 and $4,500 of it was my money, so I made his friend to write and sign a statement that he borrowed the money and would give it back. Is it too late already? He was in prison for 2 years and now he lives out of state. I'm ready to get the money back with a good (not expansive) lawyer.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.