How do I go about reporting a crime of forgery and theft in Puerto Rico.

Question Details: while my father was in a coma and subsequently died a family member forged his name on checks, withdrew money from his account totaling over 10,000. I know in Puerto Rico I need the certificate that proves my brother and I are his heirs. We have been unable to pay for it as of yet. Can i still file charges? Can I do so without having to go to Puerto Rico? This person stole all his s.s. card, credit cards, bank statements, Every personal document was stolen from his home. What can I do?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.