How do I get my money back after I bought a vehicle under false pretenses?

Question Details: I was buying a vehicle from a co-worker who said he could help. He showed me a good condition, clean interior vehicle with a working A/C and an up to date registration. Then, 3 days later, when I brought the money to him for the car he took my payment, however said that I had to wait another day for the title to be done correctly. The next day his wife came to have me sign the title. After I signed they walked me to the car but it was a different car. It was in poor condition, the A/C didn't work and it made a funny noise. I immediately called him and he assured me that was the car he was talking about. He said the first vehicle didn't run well. Trying to find the positive in all this, plus I really needed a car, I gave it a chance. I drove it home. However, the next day going to work, it wouldn't go faster than 25 mph on the highway and the broke down as I pulled to the side of the highway. Frustrated, I made it to work and told him what happened. I told him that I wanted my money back and that all of it felt like a big lie. He went and picked up the vehicle and had it taken back to his residence. How do I get him to just give me my money back?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.