Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

If I'm both a US and French citizen who has been living there for 1 1/2 years and my French girlfriend is now 3 months pregnant, how long can she come and stay in the US for?

Question Details: Before she was pregnant our plan was to go to the US to stay for for a minimum of a year to visit my family and see if we both are interested in calling it home. We still would like to keep our plans now that she is pregnant and give birth to our child in the US. The problem is that she will be 5 months pregnant when we would like to arrive in the US and we need to be sure we can stay for about a year before she and the newborn can travel. What is our best option? What type of visa is necessary? Do we need to get married before or after arriving in the US?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.