What to do if my healthcare company mistakenly paid benefits and now wants reimbursement?

Question Details: My healthcare company sent me a letter that they reimbursed me for a medical claim with a date of service of 14 months ago and that the reimbursement was incorrect. They say that they shouldn't have reimbursed it. It's for roughly $1,300. Can they do this 14 months later? Isn't there some sort of statute of limitations?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.