What is the law regarding residency and a green card?

Question Details: I am an American citizen currently living in Greece. Last year when I was living in the US, I applied for a green card for my Greek wife and received what might be called a tentative acceptance. My wife now resides in the US since last year after going to help me when I had major surgery. She is still there now caring for 2 sons (both U.S. citizens) who are working and attending school. Recently, I received here in Greece a letter addressed to her stating that she needed an “agent” to complete the green card process and mentions all the requirements she needs to meet this and mistakenly assumes she now resides in Greece. However, since she’s still in the US can she complete the requirements there or do I need to travel there to do so? Does she have to leave the states to be “invited.”

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.