Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

What do I do regarding a home that I used to own that is now in foreclosure and I'm being sued?

Question Details: About 5 years ago, I was divorced and the judge awarded our home to my ex-wife. I signed and filed a quit claim deed giving her the house. She then did a loan modification agreement with the same bank. She has since let the home go into foreclosure. I was just served papers by court to sue me for money owed. What are my options here. I am no longer on mortgage and haven't been for those 5 years.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.