House - girlfriend's rights

Question Details:

Does girfriend of 9 years and mother of our child have rights to a house if owned by my parents and my name is added to title for tax purposes? Built house with parents money. If I add my name to the title does it give girfriend living with me for nine years and mother of our seven year old rights to the house?

John Compatore / Compatore Law, PS Answered 9 years ago | Contributor
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.