Do I have any rights to stay in my current home while looking for a new home

Question Details: We pay a morgtage to my father-in-law . we signed an agreement for two years and paid every month. We are listed at the registry of deeds (my wife and I) as the owners. The contract expired last year and around the same time I lost my job. We have no current "argreement" at this point. We have been unable to oay for 6 months now but have recently offered as much as we can . He has given verbal notice that we must vacated the property with in four weeks . What recourse do we have , If any

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.