If I was molested as child Child 20 years ago, is there anything that I can do now?

Question Details:

I am 28 and was molested by my uncle who is a doctor in TN when I was around 7 or 8 years-old. I just found out he touched my younger sister as well. He scared us into not telling and no one else knew until recently. I live in FL. Is there anything at all that I can do about this. He owns a family practice and I'm sure will have better lawyers than me. I need help, this has affected my life and I am lost.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.