Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

Can I keep my car and another car that is titled in my name but is in my daughter's possession?

Question Details:

I live in NE and am planning to file Pro Se. I am claiming the homestead exemption but understand that I cannot use the wildcard exemption if I do this. How do I keep from having to turn over the car that my daughter has in her possession but is titled in my name. I don't see any other provisions other than the wildcard (25-1552) exemption for keeping my daughter's car if I file for the homestead exemption. I am stuck on this part of my bankruptcy. Also, on Schedule C, which law do I check at the top of the form?

Mark J. Markus / Mark J. Markus, Law Offices Of Answered 8 years ago | Contributor
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.