Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

Can I get a speeding ticket dismissed even though it got recorded correctly with the police dept. but my copy of the document shows something different?

Question Details: I was stopped for doing 51 in a 35 mph zone. it was filed correctly with my signature but my copy of the citation shows I was doing 35 in a 51 zone. I was told no at police station since I had signed it but is it possible? Yes I have had previous tickets not for at least 5 or 6 six years now and never contested any of them because I knew them to be correct and granted so is this one but was just curious.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.