Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
How Can We Help You?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Can I bring a suit against the police and/or highway departments regarding an accident?

Question Details: I was blamed 100% by the officer investigating my accident. I found out from another police force officer that this police agency is scared to give out tickets. I have gotten evidence through talking to the highway engineer where the accident happened that the truck driver should not have make a turn like he did. I maybe 50% at fault but not 100%. If this truck driver had not made the turn as he did there would be no accident. My insurance company is useless an only looks into the accident if you are hurt bad all killed. If possible I want to file a civil suit. This truck driver should have gotten a ticket.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.