If applying for F2 to H4 change of status, is it best to apply for a status change in the U.S, then leave the country and apply for an H4 visa or just leave and apply for an H4 at a U.S. embassy?

Question Details: I am currently on OPT and found a job at a university. The university does not accept my OPT so I want to apply for an H1B visa. However, they do not apply for these visas, so we should do it ourselves. She is on F2 visa now. My wife is also planning to travel to her home country for a visit.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.