Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

Am I entitled to bring a small claims case regarding injuries that I suffered while trying to catch a bus?

Question Details: I was going to catch the bus. I was a hundred feet from the bus stop when the bus arrived. I began jogging to catch the bus. I am 65 years old and carrying groceries in both hands. There was a lady in a wheelchair on the sidewalk, so I moved to the side of the sidewalk to pass by. My foot hit something and I fell and landed on my stomach and face. The bus drive saw me fall in the rearview mirror and waited for several minutes for me to gather my groceries and come get on the bus. A man nearbyhelped me to sit up and he said, "Sir, you fell on that metal thing". There was a metal stub sticking out of the ground about 3 inches. The city removed a bus sign but left the stub. I had a bleeding cut on my chin and abrasions on my stomach, face, hands and knees. My chin turned purple and black from the bruise. My toenail turned black and is going to fall off. I took pictures of my injuries and pictures of the stub and surrounding area. This happened a week ago. My face and body were in pain all week.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.