A friend of mine is having problems with another tenant harassing her, what legal action can she take?

Question Details:

The tenant who lives above her will shut off her power, heat, and water when ever he feels like she has been smoking in her home, which she does not because the lease tells her she cannot. The gentleman will also pound on her door at 2 am to complain that he smells smoke, or will call the police anytime she has a friend over or just to call the police on her. Is there anything that she can do to make this form of harassment stop? As far as what she tells me the landlord has yet to deal with anything regarding her complaint.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.