Who will get sued for car wreck damages if my roommate was driving my car?

Question Details: I have a car in my name that is insured with my roommate as a listed driver on the insurance policy. He was at fault in a wreck and the damages are likely to exceed the maximum my insurance can pay and he has no insurance outside of being listed on mine. Can I be named in a lawsuit to cover the excess or will he?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.