In what state do I have to file my small claims case?

Question Details: If I live in TX but had an accident, that was not my fault, in AZ with a driver who lives in CA. Can I file a small claims case against the driver and his insurance company for my down-time they promised me, in the county in which I live? They fixed my vehicle but don't want to pay me my $1,000/day I missed because they were 3 days late paying for my truck, after it was ready for pick-up.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.