When to go to my employer about my CTS condition?

Question Details: I am a chef at a hotel. I was recently diagnosed with bilateral carpal tunnel syndrome by my PCP and referred to an orthopedic. I am not sure when I should go to my employer about my condition since my PCP will not tell me it was caused by my work or to use my own insurance to see the orthopedic. Should I go to my employer after I see the orthopedics?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.