What's my next step if I want a divorce but need to leave the state?

Question Details: I've been married for 8 years. We have 2 kids and I'm a stay-at-home mom. My husband is a great provider but that is the only thing he does. He has not been a husband or a dad. He never has been. He comes home and gets on his computer games and ignores all of us. It's been like this since our sons were born. He never helped out with anything in the household. It is honestly like having another child. Over the years I've grown apart from him and completely out of love. I've recently told him this and now he is trying to fix everything. I in return do not want it fixed. I want a divorce. I have no family close by; the closest is 5 hours away so the only help I have is in another state. I don't know what my next steps should be since I'm not working and have no one here to help. What do I do next?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.