What would be the right U.S. visa if I'm looking to relocate to the U.S. from the U.K.?

Question Details: I am planning to get married to a U.S. citizen. Our marriage is going to take place in the U.K., however I want to work when I go to live in the U.S. I have been looking into employment based visas but I am wondering if our marriage is going to affect my visa application. Would it mean that my employment based visa application would be stopped and I would have to apply for a marriage visa? As far as I know, I would not be able to start looking for work until the visa was approved whereas with an employment visa I could be looking for work now. Can anyone help with this please?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.