Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

What should I do regarding a DUI/Controlled Substance case?

Question Details: I was arrested and had possession of control substance, open container and a BAC double the legal limit. I rammed my vehicle into a railing on the parkway and was not conscious enough to stop and report it and gained consciousness at the police station. This would be my second DUI in 2 years and I dont know what to do. I was offered a opportunity by cop to help with the criminal side of the incident if I "helped them out" but I dont know how much it will help my case if I proceed. I cannot afford a lawyer so I am pretty clueless if I should take the opportunity I was given if it will help my case. I need guidance on what to do. I don't mind taking the controlled substance charges to be honest, I just want to avoid losing my license for 2 whole years or more. I understand it's a wrong decision I've made and am willing to live with it. Any information that can guide me on what my options are would be great.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.