What should I do if my past employer filed a false police report on me?

Question Details: Last month, my ex-employer accused me of stealing approximately $3,000 in the form of deposits. She took me off of the schedule, which to me means that I was fired. I was informed today by my former co-workers that last week, she filed a police report stating. One employee said they were all being questioned. Do I need to get a lawyer now? One local lawyer said he can't do anything until the charges are filed but once they're filed won't I be arrested or have a warrant for my arrest? I have 4 children and I need to know what to do to stay out of jail.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.